Changes to School Operations from Thursday 5 August
In line with announcements made by SA Premier, Steven Marshall earlier this week, COVID-19 restrictions in South Australia will ease as from midnight Wednesday 4 August.
Some restrictions, however, will remain in place and we ask that you note the following important reminders:
- SA Health has advised that masks will remain required as part of State Government policy in schools for staff and students in Year 8 and above until further notice. As previously advised, a range of exemptions apply.
- The outbreaks in NSW and Queensland have demonstrated how quickly the Delta variant is able to infect significant numbers of people, including school age children. Six schools are currently affected by the Queensland outbreak with a significant number of health professionals reportedly now in isolation as a result. A key concern of the State Government is the higher rate of transmissibility of this variant compared to previous variants. Mask use is one of the mitigating strategies to reduce the spread of COVID-19 along with physical distancing and hygiene measures.
Parents on Site
- SA Health have advised that the number of people coming and going from our site will need to be minimised.
- For the children’s safety, we are continuing to ask that parents say goodbye at the gates. Please pick-up and drop your children off at the gates – or in the car pick-up area. We recognise that some students may find this challenging. Staff will be available at the front gate and in the drop area to welcome students and support families. We recommend younger children who may require an adult to walk them to the classroom, be brought to the front gate.
- Access to the property will be via the two gates at the front entrance of the school and the rear gate at the back of the school.
- It is important for all adults (including staff) to use the QR codes to check in each time they enter the site, to wear a face mask and practice physical distancing.
Resumption of Activities
- SA Health has further advised that, from Thursday 5 August, the following activities can resume:
- First Steps @TVCS playgroup. Parents are asked to wear masks and check in.
- School assemblies. Unfortunately, parents are unable to attend at this point.
- Choir and music rehearsals within the school
- All extracurricular activities (including instrumental music)
- Incursions, excursions and intrastate camps.
- Events held at offsite venues with approved COVID safe or COVID Management plans
- Events held within school grounds, including performances and concerts
- School sports including interschool sport training, trials and competitions
- Interschool sports competitions. Under new requirements, physical distancing requirements apply for spectators, including 1 person per 2 sq metres.
- Services provided by workers such as Allied Health providers, music tutors, educational service providers and the School of Languages, will continue as scheduled.
- The OSHC service will operate as usual. Should families require Outside School Hours Care, visit the Camp Australia Parent Portal to book care as you need it.
- TAFE and VET blocks for students will continue as scheduled.
Due to the changing nature of the pandemic, unfortunately events, camps and excursions may be cancelled with minimal notice.
We appreciate your support and understanding in observing these important reminders and helping us ensure the wellbeing of our community as we work together.
We are monitoring the updates from the Premier and will keep you informed of any changes as they come to hand.
During this time of uncertainty, please know that you are all in my prayers.
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have further queries via our designated email address COVID19@tvcs.sa.edu.au
Yours in Christ’s service,